The United Nations International Day of Peace
Parade begins at Craigdarroch Castle and concludes with ceremony, entertainment and activities at Government House
10am to 4pm
PUPPET SHOWS inside & out of the castle:
• Journey – Lost & Found Puppets (Vancouver)
• Kasperle – Manuela Lale (Victoria)
• The Puppet Booth – Louise Booth (Victoria)
• Tragic Symphony – Theatre Inconnu (Victoria) (11:30 am)
• Paper-folding Table – Wendy Passmore (Calgary)
• Butterfly-making & Peace Doves
WALK ABOUTS & GIANT PUPPETS:
• including Ray Turner, Maxwell Dowie, Viktor Barkar
• Harmony Peace Runners pace peace torch to …
• Butch Dick – First Nations Welcome
• Morgan Purvis – Victoria’s Youth Poet Laureate
• Department of Peace Initiative
• Peace Proclamation from The Mayor’s Office
Puppets for Peace Parade
• drum band MASALA
• celebrity parade marshalls: Karen Prell (Red Fraggle) & Judith Lawrence (Mr. Dressup)
• puppets of all sizes with lots of giant ones.
• Danae Brissonett’s(Quebec) living mural comes alive off the wall of the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria.
• EVERYBODY WELCOME TO WALK IN THE PEACE PARADE.
Youth Marimba Group from Shawnigan Lake.
Her Honour, Judith Guichon, the Lieutenant Governor for British Columbia, greets the parade participants.
• Welcome: Col. James Hammond & The Little Yellow Guy
• The Lieutenant Governor and official party are piped to their seats.
• Le La La (First Nations Mask Dancer)
• Peace Pole Ceremony
• Gettin’ Higher Choir with puppets
• RICK SCOTT (Award Winning Children’s Performer)
• Pop-cycle Stick Puppets
• Butterfly-making / Peace Doves
• Sock/Muppet style puppet (donations for festival)
MINI-SHOWS IN THE GARDENS:
• ‘Give Peace a Dance’ accompanied by The Klez on the lawn outside of Bandshell.
• Sutrisno Hartana & Family Javanese music & dance @ the Glass Pavilion
• The Mezmerizing Mermaid @ the Duck Pond